
Ever since I read Erin's post about breadmaking I've made 4 loaves,2 yesterday and 2 today. Jim Sullivan's recipe is so easy and the bread looks beautiful. It tastes beautiful and even wonderful, too. It's dangerous.
Then after talking to Erin today she told me about a super delicious brownie recipe with frosting on Cookiemadness.net. I went straight to the website as soon as we hung up and those very brownies are now in the oven.
A Renouf girl in the kitchen all day with her husband out of town for the weekend really is a dangerous thing. Mike went to Davis to watch Mallory play in her first official college game, and I stayed home to make brownies and bread and to take kids to birthday parties. Mike's staying with his brother and his family, and as of the last phone call they were all eating pizza together and Mallory had scored two goals in the last game.
The brownies are now done and are ready and waiting to be frosted. Doesn't that sound delicious? If you're wise you won't make them but if you want to throw caution to the wind, you'll break down and make a batch right now. Just be careful, and don't say I didn't warn you. They're dangerous.



5 comments:
Don't ask me how this ended up on The Littles blog.
It was suppose to be on mine!
I am attempting my first try at making bread. I mixed it up tonight, and I will bake it tomorrow after church! I'm so excited, but I'm also very nervous. I have very high hopes for this bread-and somehow I always manage to mess things up when attempting to cook/bake. Fresh homemade bread-my first ever-will taste so good tomorrow if all goes well!
Congrats to Mal! Keep us posted- :)
Oh, I hope the brownies turned out for you! We loved them. Mom and Dad loved them too. We made just enough for everyone to have one each, since we were also planning on giving two to kind Ramona and Arlo who gave us the pecans in the first place. The brownies were so good; it took every ounce of Christian charity I could muster to give those two away to Arlo and Ramona. We went swimming at Green Valley last night and were were all looking chubby and white. (Except Shane-thin and white, as usual.) We need to stop all this bread and brownie and pie (pie today!) before we qualify for Biggest Loser. Let me know how you liked the brownies!
Erin,
We LOVED them. They were fudgeeeeey and delicious. This was a great recipe, and I put pecans in the batter and sprinkled them all over the frosting too. I've eaten too many. I am in a dangerous mood and not caring at all about being careful. I only care on Sunday morning when it's time to put a dress on for church. A tight, won't zip up and fit me properly kind of dress. It's the exact type of dress that makes me not want to go to church. It's the kind of dress that makes me want to give up and make a batch of brownies! It's dreadful really and I think the only way I'll get past it is to force myself to workout twice a day. I'm too impatient and if I don't see quick results I won't be careful. I keep thinking maybe I should just wear my workout clothes all day, and not allow myself to wear any other kind of clothes 'til I'm thin again. My workout wear will be My New Segway!
We thought the exact same thing when we went swimming with Laurie. We all felt white and squishy and Laurie said it reminds her of packages of chicken breasts! I was laughing so hard at Laurie's description and at your description of Shane; thin and white, as usual. It sounded like you were describing a loaf of bread. Thin, white, sliced bread! Wouldn't we all love to fit that description!
Well, please don't tell me about anymore delicious recipes. Could you post some vegetables and fruit recipes instead? My kids drooled over your picture and post about broccoli. I'm sorry to say I couldn't even begin to understand why. I made carrots the other night and my family was ecstatic. I thought they looked awful.
Well, I will let you know if this week begins a new Segway season. If it works maybe I can write a book about it!
Katie,
I hope your bread turned out.
Will you let us know if it did.
I'm so glad you tried it.
If it goes well, you'll love it and will be able to do it al the time.
Good luck.
Post a Comment