Halloween is so much fun. My mom makes chili for nachos, cookies, cupcakes, and cinnamon rolls. My dad cooks hotdogs on the front porch.. We share all the good things to eat with everyone who comes trick-or-treating. We play Halloween music and make Haunted Houses out of frosting, graham crackers and candy. My dad always thinks his is the best, but it isn't, mine is.
We go trick-or-treating and fill our pillowcases up with lots and lots of candy. Mal has all her friends come over. One year they were apples, grapes and berries, and they wore balloons for their costumes. We watch fun Halloween movies, and eat cinnamon rolls. It is a very fun night.
And that is our family's tradition.
8 comments:
Erin Leigh,
I loved your traditions paragraph! You're such a good writer, just like your Mom. We can't wait to make haunted gingerbread houses. And I can't wait to see pictures of yours. Be sure and post about it! We miss you!
Love,
Aunt Catherine
I love Halloween too Erin Leigh! It’s my favorite holiday actually. I bet your haunted gingerbread house is very creative and spooky because I've heard you have quite a talent with working with your hands. Do you know my gingerbread houses usually turn out pretty awful. I am not like you with working with my hands. I'm actually quite terrible at such things but I still love this fun Holiday! I hope you have a wonderful but kind of frightening Halloween Night! If we were there with you we would play hide and go seek in the dark. Well, actually Uncle Adam would play with all you kids but I'm sure he would hide with you so you wouldn't get too scared!
Hi Aunt Catherine,
I am so glad my Mom copied you about the haunted houses. I love to eat the goldfish, (we use the boxes),
and to do what you do on Halloween.
Love,
Your niece,
Erin Leigh
Dear Aunt Mary Kate,
I love that you wrote to me, and I am writing to you back.
I wish we could go toilet papering on Halloween night at midnight, run back to our cars, and drive away so fast.
Uncle Adam is so much fun. I wish you were coming here. Can you? That would be really fun.
Love,
Your niece,
Erin Leigh
Dear Erin, you are right about Halloween,it is the best conclusion to summertime.The costumes, the family being together and joining with your neighborhood, it just feels good.Thank you so much for reminding all of us what we have to look forward to this year. Love, Gramps and Grams R.
Dear Erin Leigh,
Thankyou for leaving me a comment. You're just like your mother! =D. If you want a different layout for your blog, let me know and I'll change it for you and Annie.
Love,
Aunt Catherine
Dearest Erin Leigh,
I wish we could go toilet papering on Halloween Night too. Uncle Adam would defiantly be up for that. I wish I could come and see you but I have so many children and I don't know what to do. Maybe I should spank them and send them to bed. No! I'm just teasing. I am hoping to come down one summer with Aunt Erin again. I love going to the beach with everyone and then we could go eat Tacos! Do you think your Mom would make me one? I wish she would. Okay have a great October day!
Post a Comment